I am very pleased to announce the 1.0 release of the Simple RSS Portlet for uPortal.
This portlet is, quite simply, an RSS/Atom feed reader with a simple interface! It is designed to be a drop in replacement for the deprecated CSyndFeed channel and it supports feed entry images.
- Renders all forms of RSS and Atom feeds.
- Prioritises and displays images contained in the feed.
- Feeds and images are cached for quick access.
- Can be setup as a portlet publishing type to allow multiple pre configured portlets to be deployed.
- Supports the CONFIG mode for run-time configuration.
- Designed to be a drop in replacement for the deprecated CSyndFeed channel (uses the same markup).
More information including a comprehensive installation and configuration guide, screenshots and project road map is all available on the Jasig wiki: https://wiki.jasig.org/display/PLT/Simple+RSS+Portlet