Six years ago I wrote a little bundle for Sakai that sets up a Quartz job and registers it with the Sakai Job Scheduler so you can setup triggers for it to run, just like a cron job. It was getting a little long in the tooth so it’s now had a makeover and now works for Sakai 11.
All of the bits of code are documented so if you are looking to write Quartz jobs for Sakai, this is what you need. Check it out:
The Sakai Core Team is happy to announce the release of Sakai 10.0. Congratulations to our worldwide team on the successful completion of Sakai 10.0!
Sakai 10 builds on the solid work of the Sakai 2.9.3 release. We have two new tool contributions, better support for audio and video using HTML 5, infrastructure improvements, about 50 security fixes, performance improvements, a number of new features, and close to 2,000 fixes! Highlights include, but are not limited to:
- Signup tool, previously a Contrib tool, is now part of Sakai core.
- Delegated Access tool, previously a Contrib tool, is now part of Sakai core.
- Updated and enhanced context sensitive help includes step-by-step instructions, and in a format that is easier to modify to your institution’s needs.
- IMS LTI 2.0 – first LMS (learning
management system) with support for LTI 2.0.
- IMS Common Cartridge (CC) upgrade. Support for reading CC files is able to read CC versions 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and it can export data in CC version 1.1 or 1.2. User selectable.
- Peer graded Assignments – Option for students to review each other’s work.
- Group Assignments – Option for students to submit, and be graded upon, work as a group.
- Test and Quizzes has new question types: Calculated question and Extended Matching Items. Plus improved precision on numeric answers and a new accordion-style interface for quiz setup.
- Lessons (aka LessonBuilder) toolbar has been redesigned and simplified, better support for embedded Audio and video, new Table of Contents feature, support for inline use of polls, and better overall look and feel.
- Resources has support for drag and drop adding of files from desktop for all browsers, and support for folder drag and drop in Chrome.
- Syllabus Tool updated with a new interface, bulk update of syllabus items, accordion view, and better handling of link migration.
- Gradebook added support for extra credit.
- Distributed Cacheing provides support for JCache/JSR-107 which includes improvement to the default cache sizes and better control by configuration. Session replication to failover from one server to another without losing session data. Overall provides better performance for large Sakai installation (though please note that these features are not turned on by default OOTB).
- Project Keitai (mobile) improved REST API support in anticipation of Sakai Mobile applications.
- Security Updates – The Sakai community fixed about 50 security issues including various XSS issues and CSRF issues. AntiSamy is on by default in Sakai 2.9.3 and Sakai 10. AntiSamy ensures that user supplied HTML/CSS is in compliance within an application’s rules.
- Student Success Portal – new integration available.
- Java – added support for JDK 7.x. JDK 8.x support is in process of being added.
- Sakai technical organization simplified – Reincorporated many of the “Indies” to make management of Sakai releases and reporting of issues easier.Release notes available in English, Spanish and Chinese: